Sunday, January 16, 2011

There is a cow on my wall

This weekend I finally did the craft project involving my little Value Village cow friend.  Here is how it turned out...
My plan was to just spray paint him and be done with it. The original surface was really glossy so I sanded it beforehand, but I still couldn't get the paint to stick well in certain areas.  It chipped off really easily so I knew I needed to try something different.  I sanded over the paint so that only the areas that were sticking well stayed.  Then I cut out small pieces of scrap fabric and lace and decoupaged them on my cow.  I made sure to cover the areas where the paint didn't stick well during my process.  I think it turned out even crazier than I imagined, but I like it that way.

I also put artwork on the walls in my studio (finally), cleaned the room, and organized my mess.  I will show you photos of the room later this week!

-Kira

P.S. This project is posted on the Project ReStyle flickr group.  There are a lot of interesting projects documented there.  You should check it out!

5 comments:

  1. That turned out so awesome Kira! I can't wait to see the finished room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you covered up those creepy eyes!! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fantastic! I love it! I think you should do more and sell them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks friends!
    Melissa, I don't know where I would find more of those cows, but it would be fun to shop around at thrift stores and find similar items to work on.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, and will do my best to respond to your comment! Please no spam :)