A few things from my commute home today:
1. A guy was holding a sign that said "how do you choose a monster truck over your children?" on W Burnside. I had to stop right next to where he was standing during a red light. He kept pointing to the sign then pointing at me. I wasn't sure if he wanted me to help him figure out how to choose a monster truck over his kids or if it was some sort of political statement on driving cars. If you are trying to make a statement, try to at least make it understandable.
2. Bombshell Vintage on E Burnside has a cute window display of powder pink vintage party dresses. They reminded me of the dress Marty's mom wore to prom in Back to the Future.
3. A lot of guys like to work in their yards around 4:30pm on a Wednesday.
4. There is a house in the Laurelhurst neighborhood that makes me mad just about every time I see it. It is a new build that is super sleek and modern that someone had the audacity to build in the middle of a beautiful historic neighborhood. It's a cool house, just not there. It makes me angry. I should pick a new route.
5. I read today that at 16 weeks a baby can hear my voice, music, and other sounds going on around me. Apparently it is common for babies to recognize voices and songs that they hear frequently from inside the womb. I usually listen to sports talk radio on my drive home, but decided I would rather my baby recognize Arcade Fire over the voice of John Canzano.