Need a last minute Valentine's Day gift for your little one? Or maybe you're looking for a fun and festive decor item? Look no further than this plush heart DIY!
Fabric in two colors or prints
Stuffing (poly fil, fabric scraps, or organic cotton batting)
Sewing machine or needle and thread
Embroidery floss and needle (optional)
1. Print out your heart and arrow pattern. Cut two pieces of fabric from each pattern piece. Make sure to clip the four dotted line points on the heart so you know where to stop sewing later.
2. If you want to embroider a face onto your heart, now is the time to do it. I recommend putting a piece of fabric or some interfacing behind the area you are stitching to add stability. I did one plush heart with embroidery and one without.
3. Pin your matching pattern pieces to one another facing right sides together.
4. Stitch your pieces together using a 1/2" seam allowance. Stop stitching when you reach your clipped marks on the heart and leave those sections unstitched for now. Keep the straight end on both arrow pieces open as well.
5. Cut notches in the seam allowance around all angles and clip around the heart curves as well. This will help it all to lay flat once your pieces are turned to the right side.
6. Turn all of your pattern pieces to the right side pulling the fabric through the openings you left earlier. This will take some time. A push pin or knitting needle are helpful to get your points turned. Once you have them turned, press all of your seams.
7. Stuff all three pieces through the openings you left previously. A knitting needle is also helpful here to get the stuffing down into your points. Once your pieces are stuffed, pin the arrow pieces into the two openings on the heart. Try to keep them at the same angle so it looks like they are one piece going through the heart.
8. Hand stitch your arrow pieces through the heart.
9. Celebrate! You are finished! Now you have an adorable plush friend for your little one or a decor item that you can pull out and display every February.
Let me know if you try it!